From Last Lord’s Day, A Message Entitled “This is Uncomfortable” by Pastor Winston, from Habakuk.
On being uncomfortable: “This one theme, that one idea, is one of the most vital Biblical principals that followers of Jesus Christ need to embrace in these days. Not only are these days seemingly the last days, but these are uncomfortable days for the believer.”
5 lessons on being uncomfortable:
- Being uncomfortable is different than being scared. I am uncomfortable but I am not afraid.
- Uncomfortable realities can come when God is teaching the greatest lessons. I am uncomfortable but I am growing.
- Learn to accept the uncomfortable reality with Godly joy. I am uncomfortable but I know Joy personally and because of Him, I will rejoice!
- Understand that you are not the exception to being uncomfortable. I am uncomfortable: I expect it, I don’t find it strange. On the exception to being uncomfortable: “We are not the generation of great exception. If we are to be the people of God, the peculiar people of the royal priesthood who have a direct understanding of the power of His resurrection and fellowship of His suffering, then we must expect a reoccurring pressure that will be uncomfortable until we are forever comforted in His presence.”
- God will equip you for “Uncomfortable”. I am uncomfortable but I trust God to equip me, prepare me and sustain
me. For further study see these verses from Pastor’s Message:
Trinity Baptist Church
Asheville, North Carolina
United States of America